Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm Having My First Catharsis


Recently I have become very interested in the band Blind Melon. I first started listening to their music over the summer and I now have a great deal of appreciation for their lyrics. The song "Change" is a personal favorite. It always seems to draw out emotion and meaning for me whenever I hear it. It speaks about how change is an essential part of life, like an inevitable force that cannot be avoided. It speaks about how people are fearful of this change and that is why we as a society cast judgement, discriminate, and ridicule the people around us. Its a song about acceptance and empathy. It sends the message of loving humanity and undestanding the human experience as a process we all undergo; a truth. Humanity is not something to be judge but rather understood as something that lives in all of us. For me, this song sheds light on the human experience and helps us to try and understand it for what it truly is, human.

No comments:

Post a Comment